DECISIONS OF THE 2013 PRESBYTERY MEETING
HELD AT PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN’S CENTRE ABOKOBI
FROM SATURDAY 13thAPRIL TO WEDNESDAY 17TH APRIL, 2013
Decisions of the 2013 Presbytery Meeting
- The remission from General Assembly “That handing over and induction services of New Principal Officers of the Church be merged into one programme and held on 1st Sunday in December in the year of election” was accepted. Ga Presbytery, however, adds that in the rare event of a national programme clashing with the set date, there should be a proviso that in such situations, the said handing over and induction must be held on a Sunday in December in the year of election.
- The remission from General Assembly, that “the upper age limit of Young Adults Fellowship (YAF) be increased to 45 years” was not accepted. Presbytery is of the view, however, that the modus operandi of the Women’s and Men’s Fellowships must be assessed and overhauled to make it more attractive for younger entrants.
- The General Assembly remission “that the name ‘Catechist’ be changed to ‘Lay Pastor’” was not accepted.
- Presbytery decided to remit to General Assembly that the appropriate Standing Order should be invoked to set aside the decision to hold Departmental Week celebrations instead of Generational Group Week celebrations. This should be accompanied by a justification paper.
- Presbytery decided to remit to General Assembly that the number of delegates to General Assembly be pegged at 200 and quotas set, based on the ordained ministers in each Presbytery. This should be accompanied by a justification paper.
- The 2012 Audited Financial Report of Presbytery was accepted.
- The draft Strategic Plan covering the year 2013 – 2017 was adopted as a working document for the Presbytery.
- Presbytery decided that a percentage of the total cost of the proposed Centenary Block Project must be borne by Districts. Presbytery Council is mandated to work out the modalities and implement the decision.
- That an “Agents Retirement Fund” be established this year, 2013. Presbytery Council was mandated to implement the decision.
- That Presbytery remits to General Assembly that an Ordination Sunday be institutionalized. Additionally the title of Presbytery Chairpersons be amended to Moderator of the Presbytery in conformity with Presbyterian Polity.
- Mr. Richmond Akwasi Atuahene was re-elected Lay Representative on the General Assembly Council.
- 2014 Presbytery Meeting would be hosted by North Kaneshie